Wings, In A Slow Cooker...We Have A Back-Up Plan, Right?

I must say, I love wings.  However, I am a purest when it comes to wings....just good old fashioned hot wings.  I was very skeptical about attempting 1) some other flavor of wings and 2) cooking them in the slow cooker.  The picture of these wings looked so yummy, I just had to give them a whirl (I was prepared to make a frozen pizza, in case they bombed).   Let me tell you, I am sooooooo happy I tried this!!!  They were fall off the bone, sweet and spicy, and flat out delicious!  These would be a fantastic appetizer if you were having a get together.  They cook in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours and then you pop them in the oven for 10-15 minutes.  I am so excited to try them out the next time I have a few people over.  These are going into the "You HAVE To Try This" category!!


Finished Slow-Cooker Sticky Wings

The Ingredients
Slow Cooker Chicken Rub

In They Go...

The Glaze For The Oven

Tossed In Glaze, Ready To Crisp




Cook's Country Feb/March 2010

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts